- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 20 g butter
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 litres vegetable stock
- 100 ml double cream
- 150 g buffalo blue cheese, (or similar blue cheese if not available)
1. Melt the butter in a large pan and tip in the onions. Fry the onions until softened, but not coloured.
2. Add the potatoes and stock to the pan and cook for 10 -15 minutes until the potatoes are tender.
3. Stir in the cream and cheese. Allow to cool slightly, before liquidising the soup in a food processor or with a hand blender. Season to taste, reheat over a low heat if necessary and serve.
Made with produce from Churchmouse Cheeses - finalists of the Local Food Hero Awards 2007.
Rate This Recipe