- Serves: makes approx 1 litre
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus 3 months - 1 year infusing time
- Effort: easy
- 450 g bullace
- 170 g white granulated sugar
- 750 ml bottle medium-quality vodka
Tips and Suggestions
1. Wash the bullaces well and discard any bruised fruit. Put the fruit in a 1-1.5 litre sterilised jar (you don't need to prick them).
2. Using a funnel, add the sugar and top up with vodka.
3. Shake every day until the sugar is dissolved. Store in a cool, dark place until you can resist it no longer (leave for at least three months, but a year is best).
4. Strain the potion through a muslin or jelly bag after about 3 months and bottle it, leaving it to mature for a further 6 months. Don't leave the straining process any longer than 1 year as the liqueur can be spoilt by leaving the fruit in too long.
Rate This Recipe