- Serves: Makes approx 50 bunuelos
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus cooling
- Effort: medium
- 300 ml milk
- 50 g butter
- 50 g sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 2 tbsp brandy
- 1 tsp freshly grated lemon zest
- 150 g flour
- 4 eggs
- oil, for deep frying
- ground cinnamon
- sifted icing sugar
1. Heat the milk, butter, sugar, salt, brandy and lemon zest together in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce the heat to a simmer and add the flour all at once. Beat the mixture vigorously until it forms a ball of dough.
3. Remove the dough from the heat and beat in the eggs, one at a time. Beat the mixture until cool and very smooth.
4. Heat the oil for deep-frying in a wok or deep fat-fryer until hot. Add teaspoons of the dough into the mixture, frying in batches until golden and puffed. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on kitchen paper. Set aside to cool.
5. Dust the buneulos with cinnamon and icing sugar and serve.
Rate This Recipe