- Serves: makes 6 burgers
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the beef burgers
- 500 g prime minced beef
- 2 eggs, beaten
- handfuls plain flour
For the special fried onions
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 large red onions, sliced into rings
- 200 g mushrooms
- wholemeal or granary rolls, to serve
1. For the burgers: preheat the grill. Mix the beef with the beaten eggs and season with salt and pepper. Bind the mixture with flour.
2. Shape into 6 thick patties and cook under the grill until cooked to your liking.
3. For the onions: heat the olive oil, vinegar and worcestershire sauce in a pan. Add the garlic and onions and fry until they start to caramelise.
4. Add the mushrooms and cook until slightly browned, then simmer for 2 minutes.
5. To serve: place the burgers in wholemeal or granary rolls and spoon the onions and mushrooms on top.
Rate This Recipe