- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- zest of 1/2 oranges, grated
- 200 g unsalted butter, softened
For the cocktail:
- 2 tsp compound butter
- 70 ml cognac
- 100 ml dry cider
- 50 ml single cream
- 10 ml vanilla syrup
- freshly grated nutmeg
- cinnamon sticks, for stirring
1. To make the compound butter, beat all the ingredients for the butter together. Store in the refrigerator and remove 1 hour before use.
2. To make the cocktail, place 2 knobs of softened compound butter into a stainless steel mug, add the cognac and mix well with small whisk.
3. Heat the cider gently in a saucepan over a medium heat, without allowing it to boil. Add the single cream and vanilla syrup. Pour into the mugs with the butter and cognac.
4. Mix by pouring the cocktail from one mug to another.
5. Pour into latté glasses, dust with nutmeg and serve immediately, with cinnamon sticks for stirring.
6. Serve with bite sized pieces of Xmas pudding.
Rate This Recipe