- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g butter
- 200 g roasted vermicelli noodles
- 100 g sugar
- 500 ml water
- 1 tbsp slivered almonds
- 1 tbsp shelled pistachio nuts
- 1 tbsp coconut flakes, toasted
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan, add the vermicelli and cook over a low heat until golden brown. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. In a separate saucepan, combine the sugar and water and heat gently until the sugar has dissolved. Turn up the heat and allow the liquid to boil for one minute, until slightly syrupy.
3. Pour the sugar syrup over the vermicelli and return the mixture to the heat. Simmer until the syrup has been absorbed, the vermicelli is soft and the butter has risen to the top.
4. Transfer the mixture to a serving dish; decorate with the almonds and pistachios. Sprinkle with coconut and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe