- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 knobs of butter
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- handfuls button mushrooms, quartered
- 2 heaped tbsp crème fraîche
- small handful chives, finely chopped
- 4 slices granary bread
1. Melt a knob of butter in a large frying pan, add the butternut squash and season with salt and pepper. Lightly fry until the squash becomes soft and tender, then roughly crush with a potato masher.
2. Melt another knob of butter in a small frying pan, add the mushrooms and fry until golden.
3. In a small bowl, stir the chives into the crème fraiche.
4. To serve, spread the crème fraîche on toast, spoon the butternut squash on top and finish with the mushrooms.
Rate This Recipe