- Serves: 8 as starter
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus chilling time for pastry
- Effort: medium
- 1 batch shortcrust pastry, divided into 8
- 250 g butternut squash, roasted and diced
- 2 red onions
- splash balsamic vinegar
- pinch ground cinnamon
- 100 g ricotta cheese
- 50 g parmesan, grated
- 100 g pine kernels, roasted, optional
- handfuls rocket, roughly chopped
- 1 egg, beaten, to glaze
- leafy salad, to serve
1. For the butternut squash and ricotta pasties: preheat the oven to 190C/gas 5.
2. Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and cut out 8 x 10-12cm diameter circles.
3. Mix all the filling ingredients together and season with salt and pepper. Divide the filling between the dough circles; brush the edges with egg then fold the dough over to form semi-circle parcels.
4. Seal the edges by crimping with a fork, place on a baking tray, glaze with egg and cook for about 20-25 minutes or until golden.
5. Serve the pasties with a leafy salad.
Rate This Recipe