- Serves: 8-10
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 7 juniper berries
- 1.5 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 butternut squash, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 parsnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 6 pure pork sausages
- salt and black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/gas mark 5.
2. Crush the juniper berries and caraway seeds with a pestle and mortar.
3. Put all the veg, the oil, spices and seasoning in a large roasting pan and mix with your hands until the veg are well coated with the oil and spices. Pop into the oven for 45 minutes or until the vegetables are golden and soft, turning over once halfway through cooking, to ensure they are evenly roasted. Remove from the oven and leave to cool.
4. Meanwhile, fry the sausages in a large pan.
5. Purée the vegetables with enough water to give a lovely soupy consistency and season to taste. Remove the sausages from the pan and slice them. Pour the soup into the pan, add the sausages, stir through, then reheat.
Rate This Recipe