- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 small butternut squash, chopped into small chunks
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 160 g quinoa
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 handful flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 handful mint, chopped
- 150 g feta cheese, chopped into small cubes
- 12 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 pomegranate, arils only
Tips and Suggestions
Make this dish even healthier by halving the quantity of feta.
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Place the cubes of butternut squash on a baking sheet, drizzle with one tablespoon of olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
2. Roast for 25-30 minutes until soft in the middle and crisping at the edges.
3. Meanwhile, cook the quinoa in a large pan with 800ml hot water with a vegetable stock cube dissolved in it for 20 minutes until tender and the liquid has disappeared. Rinse in a sieve and then drain.
4. Turn out into a large bowl and toss with lemon juice and zest, the remaining olive oil, the chopped herbs, feta and tomatoes. Scatter with pomegranate seeds and serve.
Want more summer eating ideas? See our salad selection
Rate This Recipe