- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- butter, for greasing
- 300 g butternut squash, skin and seeds removed
- 2 eggs
- 125 ml double cream
- pinch of ground cumin
- salt, and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Lightly grease four 125ml ramekins.
2. Place the squash on a baking tray, and bake in the oven for 20 minutes until tender.
3. Put the squash flesh in a food processor and purée until smooth.
4. Beat the eggs and the cream together in a bowl. Stir in the squash. Season with a pinch each of cumin and salt, and a couple of turns of the pepper mill.
5. Spoon the mixture into the ramekins. Place them in a roasting pan with enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
6. Bake for 30 minutes or until set.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 5 minutes. Turn out the flans onto a piece parchment paper. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe