- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 675 g butternut squash, seeds removed and cubed
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 600 ml vegetable stock
- 100 ml orange juice
- salt and black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the onions and garlic to the pan and fry until softened, but not coloured.
2. Tip in the butternut squash and add the ginger. Cook for a further 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
3. Add the stock and orange juice and simmer for about 30 minutes until the squash is tender.
4. Leave the soup to cool slightly, before puréeing with a hand blender until smooth. Season to taste, reheat if necessary and serve.
Made with produce from Butternut Deli - finalists of the Local Food Hero Awards 2007.
Rate This Recipe