- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus resting time
- Effort: medium
- 350 g shortcrust pastry
For the filling
- 175 g unsalted butter
- 175 g light muscovado sugar
- 60 ml double cream
- 30 g plain flour
- 110 g macadamia nuts
- 60 g almonds, coarsely chopped
- 60 g pecans, coarsely chopped
- 60 g hazelnuts, coarsely chopped
- whipped cream
- vanilla ice cream
1. Roll the pastry out thinly, use it to line eight 9cm tartlet tins, and set aside to rest for half an hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Prick the bases of the tartlets with a fork. Line each tart case with greaseproof paper and weigh down with baking beans. Bake for 12 minutes, then remove beans and paper and return to the oven to dry out for a further 7-10 minutes. Set aside to cool but leave the oven switched on.
3. For the filling: heat the butter gently with the sugar in a medium saucepan, stirring constantly as you bring the mixture bring up to the boil. Add the cream, then the flour and beat well until evenly mixed.
4. Stir in the nuts and bring back up to the boil. Spoon the mixture immediately into the pastry cases and return to the oven for 10 minutes.
5. Leave the cooked tarts to cool and serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
Rate This Recipe