- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 4 x 125 g brill fillet
- 400 g fresh cep mushrooms
- 400 g assorted cultivated mushrooms
- creamy mashed potato, to serve
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 30 ml red wine
- 50 ml Jersey cream
- 30 g butter
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan set over a moderate heat. Fry the fish for 2 minutes, skin side down.
2. In a separate pan, heat the butter until it turns a rich golden brown and gives off an appealing nutty aroma.
3. Pour this over the fish.
4. Turn the fish over and continue to cook over a gentle heat.
5. Add all the mushrooms to the pan and continue cooking for 2 minutes. Take the pan off the heat.
6. Lift the fish fillets out of the pan and remove the skin. Return to the pan with the mushrooms.
7. Pour the vinegar and wine into the pan and stir in the cream and butter. Cook for 2 minutes, until slightly thickened.
8. Serve the fish and mushrooms with the sauce and a generous dollop of creamy mashed potatoes.
Rate This Recipe