- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 g butter
- 1 onion
- 200g piece of boiling ham, fat trimmed and cut into 1.5cm pieces
- 1 litres chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 500 g spring greens, or cabbage, chopped
- salt, and freshly ground pepper
1. Heat the butter in a large saucepan. Add in the onion and fry gently for 5 minutes, stirring often, until softened.
2. Add in the ham and the stock and bring to the boil.
3. Add in the potato, reduce the heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes until the potato is tender.
4. Add in the cabbage and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Transfer the soup to a jug blender and blend until smooth.
6. Reheat gently and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe