- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes plus 1 hr for marinating steak
- Effort: easy
- 4 sirloin steaks
- 1 tbsp tabasco
- 2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- pinch of dried red chilli flakes
For the Caesar dressing:
- 3 salted anchovy fillets, thinly chopped
- 1 tbsp capers, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp roasted garlic
- 8 tbsp grapeseed oil
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 4 tbsp double cream
- black pepper
For the salad
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 4 slices rustic bread, cut into chunky croutons
- 3 hearts romaine or baby gem lettuce, r a mix of both lettuces
- 50 g parmesan, shaved
- 4 soft poached eggs
1. Place the steaks in a shallow dish. Mix together the tabasco sauce, the Worcester sauce and the chilli flakes. Pour the mixture over the steaks and leave to marinate for 1 hour.
2. Put the anchovy fillets, capers, mustard, egg yolk, and garlic into a large bowl. Whisk in the oil in a slow, steady stream. Whisk in the red wine vinegar and lemon juice. Stir in the double cream and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside
3. Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over a moderate heat and add the garlic and croutons, tossing well to coat with oil. Fry until golden crisp.
4. Heat a griddle pan and cook the steaks for 2-3 minutes on each side, or to your liking.
5. Tear the lettuces into bite size pieces. Toss with the Caesar dressing making sure to coat all the leaves generously. Garnish with shaved Parmesan squares, the garlic croutons and the anchovies. Top with a soft poached egg and a twist of pepper. Serve immediately with the chilli fried sirloin steak.
Rate This Recipe