- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 ml white wine
- 4 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 eggs, yolks
- 50 g anchovy fillets, tinned
- 120 g parmesan
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 cos lettuce, or 2 little gem lettuces
- 2 handfuls croutons
1. Pour the wine into a saucepan and add the garlic. Bring the mixture up to boil and then bubble for 3-4 minutes, until slightly reduced.
2. Place the egg yolks in a bowl and add the wine mixture, 2 of the anchovies and all but 2 tablespoonfuls of the Parmesan cheese and blend to a paste using a hand-held blender.
3. Slowly add the olive oil, until the mixture emulsifies and forms a creamy texture.
4. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper and add white wine vinegar or lemon juice to taste.
5. Arrange the lettuce and croutons on a plate and pour Caesar sauce over. Sprinkle with the remaining Parmesan cheese, scatter with the remaining anchovies, and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe