- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 50 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the lobster
- 2 x 800 g cooked lobster
- 600 ml milk
- 60 g butter
- 4 spring onions, finely diced
- 60 g flour
- pinches dried red chilli flakes
- pinches cajun seasoning
- pinches cayenne pepper
- 60 g smoked cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp smoky barbecue sauce
For the mango salsa
- 2 small mango, peeled and diced
- 2 plum tomatoes
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- baby leaves lettuce, to garnish
1. Split the lobsters in half, leaving the claws intact. Discard the intestinal tract from the tail and the stomach sack.
2. Chop the lobster meat and place in a large bowl. Reserve the lobster shells.
3. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6. Bring the milk to scalding point over a moderate heat. Cover the saucepan and leave on one side.
4. In a separate saucepan, melt the butter and add the shredded spring onions. Soften over a gentle heat for a minute.
5. While still over the heat, stir in the flour, chilli flakes, Cajun seasoning and cayenne.
6. Slowly add the hot milk - bring the sauce to a simmer, stirring all the time. When it has thickened, add the cheese and stir in the barbecue sauce. Season to taste.
7. Mix the sauce with the lobster meat and refill the lobster shells. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until the sauce has begun to colour and the lobster meat has warmed through.
8. To make the mango salsa, combine the mango and tomatoes, and stir in the lemon juice and olive oil.
9. Garnish the lobster with salad leaves and serve with the salsa.
Rate This Recipe