- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 medium squid tubes, with tentacles, cleaned
For the chilli oil
- 12 large red chillies, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
For the dressing
- 100 ml olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 225 g rocket
- lemon wedges, to serve
1. Slit the squid open and flatten the pieces out. Using a sharp knife, score diamond patterns on the inner side of the squid body.
2. Put the chopped chilli in a bowl, cover with the oil and season. Set aside.
3. Season the squid tubes and tentacles and place, scored side down, on a very hot grill. Cook for 1-2 minutes.
4. Turn the squid pieces over - they'll start to curl up almost straight away, by which time, they will be cooked. Remove from the heat.
5. To make the dressing, mix the oil and lemon juice together and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Toss the rocket in the dressing, divide between 4 plates and top with the squid.
7. Drizzle over a little chilli oil and serve with lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe