- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the stuffing
- 150 g country bread, dry, crusts discarded, torn into small pieces
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 clove garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 handfuls flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 3 tbsp capers, washed and chopped
- 1 pinches fine sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the squid
- 12 medium squid, 10-13cm long with tentacles, cleaned
- 2 large plum tomatoes
- 5 tbsp pitted black Kalamata olives, in olive oil chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 1 handfuls flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 pinches dried oregano
- 450 g Desirée potatoes, peeled and sliced 1cm thick
- 1 dried chillies, coarsely chopped
- 4 tbsp olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 160C/gas 2.
2. To make the stuffing, soak the bread in a small bowl of warm water for 5 minutes. Drain and squeeze dry. Mix the bread with the eggs, garlic, parsley and capers, and season with salt and pepper.
3. Fill the squid with the stuffing, half full only, as it will expand when cooked. Seal the open end of the squid with toothpicks.
4. Arrange the tomatoes, olives, garlic, parsley and oregano in a flameproof terracotta casserole. Cover with the potato slices slightly overlapping, and sprinkle with the chilli.
5. Arrange the squid and tentacles on top and drizzle with olive oil. Cover and simmer over a low heat for 1 hour, until the potatoes are tender. Serve hot from the oven.
Rate This Recipe