- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 8 squid, approx 150g each, cleaned and patted dry
- 200 g white bread, soft, crusts removed and bread finely chopped
- 40 g tinned anchovy fillets, in olive oil, finely chopped
- tbsp capers, in brine chopped
- 5 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 300 ml dry white wine
- 8 tbsp Italian olive oil
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 handfuls mixed salad leaves
- 3 tbsp French dressing, made with freshly squeezed lemon juice and extra-virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 170ºC/gas 3/
2. Place the bread, garlic, anchovy fillets, capers and parsley in a large bowl with 100ml of white wine and three tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and mix well together, using your hands.
3. Stuff each squid cavity with the bread mixture and place them on a baking tray. Drizzle over the remaining wine and olive oil, cover with kitchen foil and bake in the oven for 1 hour, removing the foil for the last ten minutes to allow the squid to turn golden.
4. Serve immediately with a mixed leaf salad with a lemon dressing.
Rate This Recipe