- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hr chilling
- Effort: medium
- 150 g unsalted butter
- 50 g ground almonds, toasted
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 100 g green beans, topped and tailed
- black pepper
- 4 fine slices of pancetta
- 1 baguette, sliced into 1.5cm thick slices
- extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- 4 dover sole fillets
- 100 g plain flour
1. Soften 100g of the unsalted butter and mix in ground almonds and a pinch of oregano. Shape the butter into a sausage shape, wrap in foil and chill for 1 hour.
2. Preheat the oven to 170ºC/gas 3.
3. Bring a saucepan of salted water to the boil. Cook the beans until tender, around 5 minutes. Drain and cool.
4. Wrap 4-5 beans in a slice of pancetta, making 4 parcels. Place the pancetta-wrapped beans on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes, until the pancetta is cooked through.
5. Meanwhile, grill the baguette slices on one side until golden. Turn the bread slices over, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with the remaining oregano and a little salt. Grill until golden.
6. Season the Dover fillets with salt and freshly ground pepper and lightly coat with flour.
7. Heat the remaining butter in a large frying pan. Fry the sole until golden on both sides.
8. Slice the almond butter into half a centimetre thick slices.
9. Top each sole fillet with an almond butter slice. Serve the sole with the pancetta-wrapped beans and the grilled baguette (bruschetta).
Rate This Recipe