- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus at least 20 mins resting
- Effort: medium
- 500 g ricotta cheese
- 200 g cooked spinach
- 10 slices of Napoletano salami
- handful of parmesan shavings
- handful of pitted black olives
- 3-4 tbsp passata
- leaves basil
- black pepper
For the pizza dough:
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp dried yeast
- 140 ml warm water
- 180 g '00' flour
- 1 tbsp extra virgin Italian olive oil
1. To make the pizza dough, mix the salt and the yeast in a bowl with the warm water.
2. In another large bowl make a well in the centre of the flour and then add in the yeast mixture and the olive oil.
3. Mix well with a wooden spoon until the mixture forms into a dough.
4. Turn out the dough onto a clean, well-floured surface and knead it with your hands for around 3 minutes.
5. Place the dough in a bowl, cover with a clean tea-towel, leave in a warm place and allow to rest for at least 20 minutes.
6. Preheat the oven to 220°C/gas 8.
7. Flatten the dough into a 30cm pizza tray, using your hands to press it down.
8. Place the ricotta, spinach, salami, Parmesan, olives and basil leaves over one half of the pizza dough and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
9. Carefully fold the other half of the pizza over the filling, sealing the edges together well.
10. Spread the passata over the calzone and bake at once for 15 minutes until cooked through.
11. Serve hot from the oven.
Rate This Recipe