- Serves: 1-2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus rising time
- Effort: easy
For the pizza base
- 450 g Italian plain '00' flour, plus extra for dusting
- 12 g fresh yeast
- 250 ml water
For the filling
- 6 tbsp thick tomato passata
- 1 balls mozzarella, torn
- 1 handfuls tinned sweetcorn
- 1 handfuls freshly grated parmesan
- 4 slices salami
- 1 handfuls parmesan, chunks
1. Sieve the flour into a large mixing bowl. Dissolve the yeast in 25ml warm water. Add it to the flour along with enough extra water to bring the mix to a dough (approx. 200ml). Cover with cling film and leave to rise and froth in a warm place for about an hour.
2. Preheat the oven to its highest setting.
3. Once risen, add 1 ½ tsp salt to the dough and knock back. Divide the dough in half and knead well until it is smooth. Shape each portion into a ball and place on a floured tray until you are ready to use, covered with cling film if its going to be a while.
4. Roll out the dough on a floured surface to thin rounds to about the size of a dinner plate aim for about 3mm thickness.
5. Spread the passata over the base of the pizza. Top with torn mozzarella, sweetcorn, grated parmesan and the slices of salami. Season and top with chunks of parmesan.
6. Fold the pizza over into a half moon shape and transfer to a floured pizza stone. Cook in the oven for 1012 minutes or until crisp on the outside and steaming hot in the middle.
7. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for a couple of minutes. Slice open and serve.
Rate This Recipe