- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 2 hrs refrigeration
- Effort: easy
- 600 ml double cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 fresh vanilla pod
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- small punnet raspberries
- small punnet strawberries, halved
1. Pre-heat oven to 150°C/ gas mark 2.
2. Beat the egg yolks in a large mixing bowl with 1 tablespoon of the sugar until thick and pale yellow.
3. Place the cream and vanilla pod in a saucepan and bring to the boil. Remove from the heat, allow to cool slightly, then pour over the egg yolks in a steady stream, whisking continually. Stir in the strawberries and raspberries.
4. Divide the mixture into 6 small ramekins or an ovenproof dish. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until just set.
5. Allow to cool and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
6. Sprinkle the top of the cream with the remaining sugar, coating evenly and thickly.
7. Either place under a very hot grill or use a blow torch to dissolve and caramelise the sugar. Be careful not to burn the sugar. Allow to cool and serve.
Rate This Recipe