- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 300 g fresh cannellini beans
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3-4 tbsp chopped coriander
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 100 ml single cream
- 1/2 lemon, juice only
- lightly toasted white bread or ciabatta bread, to serve
1. Bring a large pan of water to the boil and add the beans (no salt yet). Simmer until tender - about 20-30 minutes, depending on freshness. Drain well, reserving a little of the water.
2. Transfer the beans to a processor with the garlic, coriander, salt and 2 tablespoons of the cooking water.
3. Heat the olive oil and the cream in separate saucepans until hot.
4 Process the beans and seasonings to a rough purée, then with the blades still turning, trickle in first a slurp of olive oil, then a slurp of cream, continuing until both are entirely incorporated.
5. Add the lemon juice, then taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary - you may well find that it needs a little more salt.
6. Serve warm or at room temperature, with a trickle of olive oil drizzled over it, and a pile of hot toasted or griddled bread to spread it on.
Rate This Recipe