- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 500 g risotto rice
- 200 ml dry white wine
- 1 litres hot vegetable stock
- 800 g tinned cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp finely grated parmesan
- 1 pinches freshly ground black pepper
1. Heat the oil in a large pan and gently cook the onion, garlic and thyme for 5 minutes until softened. Add the rice, stir for a few seconds then pour in the wine.
2. Bubble rapidly until the wine evaporates, then slowly add the stock in batches, letting the rice absorb the liquid each time before adding more. Add the beans about halfway through - keep the heat fairly high and the whole process should take about 20 minutes.
3. Season with pepper. Once all the liquid has been absorbed and the grains are soft and creamy, divide the risotto between bowls. Top each serving with a sprinkling of Parmesan and a good grinding of black pepper and serve swiftly.
The Hi Lo Cookbook contains all recipes from this series, buy it now at amazon.co.uk
Rate This Recipe