- Serves: 2 as a light meal or 4 as a starter
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 tbsp light olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp thyme, leaves only
- 1 x 400 g can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 150 g packet chorizo, slices
- 2 tbsp fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 4 slices ciabatta bread
1. Heat the light olive oil in a heavy-based saucepan and cook the onion until just softened.
2. Add the garlic and thyme and cook for a further minute.
3. Stir in the beans and heat through gently.
4. Meanwhile heat a frying pan with the remaining light olive oil add the chorizo slices and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the slices are really crispy. Drain well on kitchen paper (reserving the lovely oil).
5. Using a hand blender, blitz the bean mixture to form a rough paste and season generously with salt and black pepper
6. Stir in the parsley and extra virgin olive oil and mix well to combine.
7. Heat a griddle pan to smoking hot and grill the bread for about a minute each side, until golden brown and nicely lined.
8. Top each slice of bread with a quarter of the purée and some crispy chorizo slices, finish with a drizzle of the chorizo oil and serve.
Rate This Recipe