- Serves: 2-4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus overnight soaking
- Effort: easy
- 225g dried cannellini beans, soaked overnight
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely sliced
- 3 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 350 g chorizo, cubed
- bunch of fresh sage, torn into sprigs
- sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- pecorino cheese, grated or shaved, to serve
1. Drain the soaked cannelloni beans and place them in a large saucepan. Add in enough cold water to cover the beans and bring to the boil.
2. Cook briskly until tender, around 1 hour, topping up with more water as required. Drain the beans, reserving the cooking water.
3. Heat a splash of olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan. Add in the onion, garlic and chorizo.
4. Fry, stirring, for 2 minutes.
5. Add in the beans and sage and pour over enough of the reserved cooking water to just cover the beans.
6. Season with sea salt and freshly ground pepper and cook, stirring often, until the liquid has evaporated, around 10 minutes.
7. Transfer to a serving dish and drizzle with olive oil. Serve warm with a little grated Pecorino cheese.
Rate This Recipe