- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 9 tbsp extra virgin Italian olive oil
- 2 large courgettes, finely diced
- 400 g rocket, chopped
- 1 pinches black pepper
- 450 g mascarpone
- 1 tsp grated nutmeg
- 100 g parmesan, grated
- 18 medium fresh lasagne sheets
- 1 kg canned chopped tomatoes
- 100 ml double cream
- 1 handfuls leaves basil
1. Heat five tablespoons of the olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the courgette and rocket and fry until softened.
2. Season with salt and pepper and allow to cool.
3. In a large bowl mix the mascarpone with the courgette mixture. Mix in the nutmeg and 50g of the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
4. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
5. Lay the lasagne sheets on a working surface and divide the mascarpone mixture between them. Roll up the sheets to secure the filling.
6. In a greased baking dish place the cannelloni (seam-side down) in a single layer.
7. Spoon the chopped tomatoes on top and tip in the double cream. Drizzle with remaining olive oil, season well and scatter roughly torn basil leaves on top.
8. Bake for 15 minutes.
9. Sprinkle the remaining Parmesan cheese on top and bake for a further 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe