- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the cannoli
- 25 g ground almonds
- 25 g plain flour
- 50 g icing sugar
- 30 g butter, melted
- 40 g egg whites, approximately 2 small egg whites
- 1 tbsp amaretto (almond liqueur)
For the filling
- 20 g mascarpone
- 400 g ricotta cheese
- 1 tbsp finely grated orange zest
- 155 g icing sugar
For the sauce
- 100 g 70% cocoa solids dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 40 g vin santo
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- finely grated orange zest
- icing sugar
- flaked almonds
1. For the cannoli: preheat the oven to 150-160C/130-150C fan/gas 2-3 and cover a baking sheet with a silicone mat.
2. Put the almonds, flour, icing sugar and melted butter in a food processor. Add the egg whites and amaretto and blend until thoroughly combined.
3. Pour the mixture in very thin disc shapes onto the silicone mat and bake for 4 minutes.
4. Remove the discs from the oven and roll into tubes while still warm. Set them aside to cool while you prepare the filling.
5. For the filling: mix together the mascarpone, ricotta, orange zest and icing sugar.
6. Transfer the mixture to a piping bag with a serrated nozzle and fill the cooled cannoli tubes.
7. For the sauce: melt the chocolate in a small bowl over a pan of gently simmering water, then stir in the wine and vanilla.
8. To serve, put the cannoli on serving plates and pour over the warm sauce. Sprinkle with the orange zest, icing sugar and flaked almonds to decorate.
Rate This Recipe