- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: including cooling and refrigeration
- Effort: hard
- 4 tbsp instant coffee
- 50 ml coffee liqueur
- 10 ml cold water
- 1 leaf of gelatine, aked in cold water
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 300 ml double cream, whipped
- 2 egg whites, whisked to a soft peak
For the top layer:
- 300 ml milk
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- ï¿½ leaf of gelatine, aked in cold water
- 50 g dark chocolate, grated
- 4 chocolate covered coffee beans
1. Place the coffee, coffee liqueur and water into a pan over a moderate heat and bring the mixture to just below boiling point. Remove from the heat and add the softened gelatine. Stir until it has dissolved and leave to cool but not set.
2. In another bowl whisk the icing sugar into the egg yolks.
3. Add the coffee to the egg yolk mixture, and then fold in the whipped cream and whisked egg whites.
4. Pour this mixture into the bottom of 4 cappuccino cups and place in the fridge for 15 minutes to allow the mixture to set.
5. Meanwhile, heat the milk and the icing sugar over a moderate heat until just below boiling point, whisking until frothy.
6. Then add the gelatine, stirring until it has dissolved. Place the pan over ice and whisk continuously until the mixture has cooled.
7. Pour this over the first layer of mousse and place back in the fridge for a further 15 minutes.
8. Just before serving, grate some dark chocolate over each mousse and place a chocolate covered coffee bean in the centre of each cup.
Rate This Recipe