- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 500 g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1/2 leek, white part only, finely chopped
- 1 small potato, diced
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 500 ml double cream
1. Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the mushrooms, onion and leek. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until the liquid has nearly evaporated.
2. Meanwhile, put the potato and stock in another saucepan. Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes until the potato is soft.
3. Add the cream to the potatoes and bring to the boil.
4. Pour the cream and potatoes over the vegetable mixture. Simmer gently for 10 minutes.
5. Pour into a blender and purée until smooth. Pass through a sieve, and into a clean pan. Reheat gently and serve.
Rate This Recipe