- Serves: 6-8
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 ml water
- 100 g caster sugar
- 25 g butter
- 12 bananas
- 200 g ready-to-roll puff pastry
- clotted cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 190°C/gas 5.
2. Put the water in a small, heavy-based saucepan and sprinkle over the sugar.
3. Heat until sugar melts without stirring. Simmer until the syrup caramelises and turns golden.
4. Stir the butter into the caramel syrup, then pour the syrup into a round baking tin, 18cm in diameter.
5. Pack the tin with the banana chunks.
6. Press the puff pastry all around the banana, trimming off any excess.
7. Bake until the pastry is golden, around 20-25 minutes.
8. Allow to cool until just warm, then turn out and serve with clotted cream.
Rate This Recipe