- Serves: 12 individual tarts
- Cook Time: 2 hours 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 20 minutes cooling
- Effort: easy
- 400 g condensed milk
- 12 gingernut biscuits
- 125 ml double cream, whipped to soft peaks
- 1 banana, thinly sliced
1. Place the can of condensed milk into a deep, heavy-based pan and cover completely with boiling water (make sure there are a good few inches of water covering the can). Slowly simmer for 2 hours and 30 minutes, topping up with boiling water frequently to ensure that the tin is covered at all times (this will prevent the tin from exploding due to change in pressure). Allow the can to cool in the water off the heat, then remove and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 150C/gas mark 2.
3. Place each ginger nut biscuit into the space in a muffin tray and bake in the oven for ten minutes, or until the biscuits are softened slightly. Gently press each biscuit into the muffin mould to create shallow tarts.
4. Open the can of cooked condensed milk (it should be a caramel-coloured dulce de leche-like mixture) and pour into the ginger nut tarts. Spoon over the whipped cream and top each tart with a few slices of banana. Serve.
Rate This Recipe