- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes plus 2½ hrs chilling time
- Effort: easy
For the base
- 200 g gingernut biscuits
- 75 g butter
For the filling
- 150 g butter
- 150 g lightlight muscovado sugar
- 200 ml condensed milk
- 100 g dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids, chopped
- 50 g shelled pecans, toasted, roughly chopped
1. For the base, put the biscuits into a food processor and process until finely ground.
2. Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the ground biscuits. Mix well.
3. Spoon into a 20cm loose bottomed flan tin and press over the base and up the sides. Chill for 30 minutes until set.
4. For the filling, put the butter and sugar in a saucepan and stir over a gentle heat until dissolved.
5. Add the condensed milk and bring to a simmer, stirring continuously.
6. Continue to cook over a gentle heat for 2-3 minutes, until the mixture has turned a golden caramel.
7. Pour this mixture into the crumb base and chill for 1 hour.
8. Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl, placed over a pan of simmering water. Spoon it into a small freezer bag and secure at the open end. With a pair of scissors, snip off one of the corners of the bag and drizzle zigzag lines of chocolate over the tart.
9. Sprinkle the tart with chopped pecans and leave to set in a cool place for about 1 hour before serving.
Rate This Recipe