- Serves: Makes 2.5 litres
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 75 g popcorn
- 200 ml sweetened condensed milk
- 110 g brown sugar
- 110 g caster sugar
- 80 g unsalted butter
1. Pop the corn in a large lidded pan or in the microwave, following the instructions on the packet.
2. Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/Gas 3. Put the popped corn in a large heatproof bowl and line 2 large baking trays with baking paper.
3. Put the condensed milk, brown sugar, caster sugar and butter in a saucepan over a low heat and stir until the sugar has dissolved. Bring the mixture to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 1 minute to make caramel. Pour over the popcorn and use a wooden spoon to stir until all the popcorn is completely covered with the caramel.
4. Spread the popcorn onto the prepared trays. Transfer to the oven and bake for 1012 minutes, or until the popcorn is golden brown, stirring occasionally to break up the lumps. Allow to cool completely on the trays, then serve.
Rate This Recipe