- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 4 large bananas
- 4 Cox's apples
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp brandy, or apple brandy
- 1 tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 150 g butter
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 loaf brioche, sliced
For the peanut butter fondant
- 2 tbsp peanut butter
- 250 g mascarpone
- peanut brittle
- icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. Peel and slice the bananas,
3. Put the bananas and apples in a large frying pan with the sugar, brandy and lemon juice.
4. Cook the mixture, stirring occasionally, over medium heat for 2-3 minutes until a light caramel colour. Set aside to cool.
5. Put the butter and the cinnamon in the bowl of an electric mixer. Using the paddle attachment on medium speed, cream the mixture until it is smooth.
6. Butter each piece of brioche with the cinnamon butter. With the long side of the bread closest to you, cut each slice into 3 pieces.
7. Line the sides of 4-6 ramekins with the brioche pieces, buttered-side against the ramekin.
8. Compactly fill the inside of each ramekin with the banana / apple mixture and top with a final slice of buttered brioche. Trim off any brioche that sticks up above the ramekin and firmly press.
9. Bake the charlottes for 15-20 minutes, until the brioche is toasted.
10. To make the fondant: mix together the peanut butter and mascarpone and chill until required.
11. To serve: unmould the desserts onto serving plates and serve with the peanut fondant on the side, a piece of peanut brittle and a dusting of icing sugar.
Rate This Recipe