- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus chilling time
- Effort: easy
For the fool
- 4 large ripe bananas, peeled
- 75 g caster sugar
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 100 g mascarpone
- 100 ml double cream, half-whipped
For the butterscotch sauce
- 100 g unrefined soft brown sugar
- 25 g unsalted butter
- 5 tbsp golden syrup
- 3 tbsp double cream
1. For the butterscotch sauce: put the sugar, butter, pinch of salt, syrup and cream into a saucepan and mix together.
2. Bring to the boil, stirring, then simmer for 5 minutes, stirring once or twice. Remove from the heat and cool.
3. For the fool: melt the sugar in a non-stick pan to form a light caramel then add the bananas.
4. Cook for 2-3 minutes until the bananas are soft and coated, then squeeze in the lemon juice.
5. Remove the bananas from the pan and blitz to a purée in a food processor, then allow to cool.
6. Add the mascarpone and double cream into the banana purée and beat until smooth.
7. Whip the cream until it forms soft peaks and fold into the banana mix.
8. Divide between 4 sundae glasses and chill until completely set. Top with a spoon of butterscotch sauce and serve.
Rate This Recipe