- Serves: 3
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the hazelnut frangipane
- 75 g unsalted butter
- 75 g icing sugar
- 75 g hazelnuts, coarsely ground
- 12 g cocoa powder
- 7 g plain flour
- 75 g eggs
- 3 chocolate
For the banana cream
- 45 g bananas
- 5 g icing sugar
- 8 g crème de bananas, (banana liqueur)
- lemon juice
- 75 g mascarpone
- 65 ml double cream, whipped with 20g icing sugar
- caramelised slices of bananas, to serve
- chocolate ice cream, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3. Line 3 metal chefs' rings with baking parchment.
2. For the hazelnut frangipane: cream the butter and icing sugar until smooth. Beat in the ground hazelnuts, cocoa powder, and flour. Add the egg and mix until smooth. Spoon into a piping bag.
3. Pipe the mixture to come half way up the rings. Put a chocolate disc on top then pipe in the mixture to fill to the top. Bake for 8 minutes.
4. For the banana cream: blend the banana, icing sugar, liqueur and a squeeze of lemon juice in a food processor or blender until smooth. Pass through a fine sieve.
5. Mix the banana purée with the mascarpone then fold in the sweetened whipped cream.
6. To serve: Unmould the frangipanes from the rings and decorate with caramelised banana slices. Serve with the banana cream and chocolate ice cream.
Rate This Recipe