- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 50 g caster sugar
- knob butter
- 4 large bananas
- splash rum
- 50 g chocolate
- Chantilly cream or ice cream, to serve
1. Heat the sugar in a heavy based pan and allow to caramelize. Add a knob of butter and allow to bubble up, then add the sliced bananas. Coat the bananas in the caramel and cook until slightly golden.
2. Pour the rum into the pan, and flambé, tossing the bananas around to coat once again.
3. Add 2 tablespoons of cold water to loosen the mixture and remove from the heat and stir.
4. Spoon the bananas and the caramel into bowls and finely grate the chocolate over. Spoon a quenelle of Chantilly cream or ice cream on top and finish with another grating of the chocolate.
Rate This Recipe