- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 ripe figs
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- salad leaves, to serve
- 2 slices walnut bread, toasted
- 250 g ricotta cheese
- 1-2 tsp chopped parsley, chives and thyme, for sprinkling
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 tsp sherry vinegar
1. Halve the figs and dip them cut-side down in the sugar. Heat a dry non-stick frying pan over a medium heat and, when hot, put the figs sugared-side down in it. Cook for about 2 minutes, or until the sugar has melted and caramelised.
2. Arrange some salad leaves on two serving plates and divide the figs between them.
3. Toast the walnut bread then spread it with the ricotta. Sprinkle with the fresh herbs and drizzle with olive oil and sherry vinegar. Serve the ricotta toasts with the fig salad.
Rate This Recipe