- Effort: easy
For the spiced lime syrup
- 2 red or green chillies
- 2 limes, grated zest
- 200 ml water
- 2x2 cm cinnamon sticks
- 150 g caster sugar
For the fruit
- 1/2 papaya, peeled, seeds removed and sliced
- 2 kiwi fruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 pear, sliced
- 1 bunches seedless green grapes
- 1 banana, sliced
- 3 plums, stones removed and sliced
- 1 apple
For the sweet sushi rice
- 225 g sushi rice
- 75 g brown sugar
- 330 ml coconut milk
- 1x2 cm cinnamon sticks
- natural yogurt
1. Place the chillies, lime zest, water, cinnamon and sugar in a saucepan. Bring to a gentle simmer, stirring until the sugar has dissolved.
2. Simmer for 3-4 minutes before removing the pan from the heat.
3. Place all the prepared fruit into the hot syrup and leave to cool.
4. For the sweet sushi rice, place all the ingredients in a pan, and stir and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Reduce the heat until barely simmering, and cook until all the coconut milk has been absorbed.
6. Remove from the heat, cover with a lid and leave to stand for 10 minutes. Remove the lid and set aside to cool completely. Discard the cinnamon stick.
7. Roll the rice mixture into balls and serve with the salad. Drizzle the syrup over the fruit and accompany with a dollop of yoghurt before brining to the table.
Rate This Recipe