- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 1 hr standing
- Effort: easy
- 6 oranges
- 2-3 tbsp Cointreau
- 150 ml water
- 115 g sugar
- pine kernels, toasted
- fresh mint leaves, chopped
1. Peel the oranges, carefully removing any pith, and slice into rounds.
2. Place the oranges in a large, heatproof serving dish and drizzle with the Cointreau.
3. Place the water and sugar in a small saucepan. Heat gently, stirring, until the sugar has dissolved.
4. Bring to the boil and cook without stirring until the sugar syrup caramelises, turning a rich golden colour.
5. Pour the syrup over the oranges and set aside for at least 1 hour.
6. Just before serving, garnish the oranges with the pine nuts and chopped mint.
Rate This Recipe