- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tsp butter
- 2 pears, peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 tbsp honey
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 150 g cashel blue cheese
- handful rocket, to serve
1. Heat a frying pan over a high heat and add a knob of butter. Tip in the pear slices and add the honey, lower the heat and fry until caramelised, turning frequently.
2. Meanwhile, toast the sourdough bread. Drizzle the toast with olive oil and top with the blue cheese.
3. Grill the toasts until the cheese begins to melt. Transfer the toast to a warm plate and scatter over the caramelised pears. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and serve straight away with fresh rocket leaves.
Looking for something else? Take a look at more of our easy starter recipes.
Rate This Recipe