- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the caramelised pears
- 2-3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 pear, peeled, cored and cut into thick slices
For the chocolate fudge sauce
- 115 g dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 115 g butter
- 170 g caster sugar
- 1 tbsp golden syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 4 scoops good quality vanilla ice cream
- 50 g milk chocolate, finely chopped
1. For the caramelised pears: preheat a heavy-based frying pan over a low-medium heat.
2. Tip the sugar and pear slices into the hot pan and cook gently for 5 minutes, or until the sugar has melted and the pears are starting to soften and turn golden-brown at the edges. Set aside.
3. For the sauce: tip all of the ingredients, apart from the vanilla essence, into a small pan. Add 4 tablespoons of water and place over a low heat.
4. Stir until the sugar has dissolved then increase the heat to medium-high and bring the sauce to the boil. As soon as it begins to boil, immediately reduce the heat to low and simmer gently for 10 minutes.
5. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla essence.
6. To serve: divide a third of the warm chocolate sauce between 2 sundae glasses, top with half of the pears and any of the caramelised juices and sprinkle over half of the chopped milk chocolate. Top with a scoop of ice cream. Repeat these layers once more. Finish by pouring over the remaining chocolate sauce and scattering over the nuts. Serve at once.
Rate This Recipe