- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 litres full-fat milk
- 2-3 tbsp double cream
- 100 g vanilla sugar
- 4 egg yolks
- 25 g butter
- 180 g arborio risotto rice
- 6 passion fruit
- 3 large beef tomatoes
- 3-4 tbsp brown sugar, to glaze
- mint leaves, to decorate (optional)
1. Bring the milk to a boil, and turn off the heat. In a separate saucepan, melt the butter and add the rice. Pour over the hot milk and simmer gently until the rice is cooked - this should take about 30 minutes. Stir the rice frequently, to prevent it catching on the bottom of the pan.
2. When the rice has thickened and is sticky, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sugar and egg yolks. Pour into dampened ramekins and leave to cool. Transfer to a fridge to set.
3. Turn out the moulded rice onto a tray and sprinkle the top of each one with brown sugar. Glaze under a very hot grill, or with a blowtorch.
4. Peel the tomatoes, remove the seeds, and dice the flesh. Scrape out the flesh and seeds from the passion fruit and combine with the tomatoes.
5. To serve, place an individual rice pudding in the centre of each plate and spoon around the tomato and passion fruit mixture.
Rate This Recipe