- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 500 g shallots, peeled
- 75 ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 75 ml white wine
1. In a heavy-based saucepan, heat the butter with the sugar until the sugar has melted.
2. Add the shallots and mix well.
3. Add the stock and wine, bring to the boil, reduce the heat to very low, cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes over a low heat, stirring now and then.
4. Uncover the pan and simmer for a further 10 minutes until the shallots are tender and glazed.
Rate This Recipe