- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g walnut halves
- 50 g caster sugar
- 100 g pancetta, cut into short strips
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp tarragon
- black pepper
- shavings of parmesan, to garnish
1. In a small heavy frying pan, cook the sugar until melted and golden. Toss in the walnuts and cook until the mixture caramelises, turning a deep golden brown.
2. In a separate frying pan heat the olive oil. Fry the pancetta for 5 minutes.
3. Mix together the walnuts, pancetta and tarragon. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Toss in to drained, freshly cooked pasta and serve garnished with shavings of Parmesan cheese.
Rate This Recipe