- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 banana
- 300 g pineapples, peeled
- 10 g butter
- 100 ml rum
- 150 g brown sugar, plus extra for sprinkling
- 5 egg yolks
- 100 g caster sugar
- 400 ml milk
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- mixed berries, to decorate
1. Preheat the oven to 140C/gas 1.
2. Chop the banana and pineapple into small chunks. Melt the butter in a heated frying pan and fry the fruit for 1-2 minutes. Pour in the rum and carefully flame to burn off the alcohol, shaking the pan until the flames subside. Add the brown sugar and gently stir until the fruit is caramelized.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the egg yolks, caster sugar, milk and vanilla until combined.
4. Put 2-3 spoonfuls of the caramelized fruit mixture into the bottom of 4 ramekins.
5. Pour a little of the egg mixture on top of each one. Stand the ramekins in a baking dish and carefully pour in enough hot water to come halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Transfer the dish to the oven and cook for approximately 30-40 minutes.
6. Remove the ramekins from the water and sprinkle a little brown sugar on top of each one. Caramelize the tops with a kitchen blowtorch or under a salamander grill.
7. To serve, put each ramekin on a plate and decorate with mixed berries.
Rate This Recipe